- The Drexel University Intramural Sports program enables Drexel students to compete in sport leagues and tournaments with their peers and enjoy the benefits of exercise through competition. The activities are designated to emphasize friendly competition in a safe recreational environment. Intramural sports vary each term. For the most current listings and information on how to get involved, visit the Drexel Atheltics website: http://www.drexeldragons.com
Some Fact About Drexel IntramuralsEdit
- Over 30% of the Drexel student body participates in intramural sports
- Drexel in a member of the "City 6," which enables our team champions to compete agains rivals Villanova, St. Joe's, LaSalle, Temple, and Penn in some of Philadelphia best faciilities, including the Liacouras Center, the Palestra, and Franklin Field
- All intramural activities are coordinated by students, including scorekeepers, first-iaders, officials, and site supervisors
- Sportsmanship is stressed at all times and teams are rated for sportsmanship after every contest. A minimum score must be maintained to continue play
- A female and male player of the week are named for intramural sports.
- A Intramural prizes include T-shirts, hats, trophies, and water bottles
- The Athletics website enables students to sign up for activities online, check results and schedules, and access a weekly newsletter
- Beach Volleyball
- Flag Football
- Floor Hockey
- Indoor Volleyball
- Drexel University's club sports are student organizations for individuals who wish to pursue their athletic interests on a consistent basis. Clubs are member initated and organized with an emphasis on participation and competition. Drexel club sports are also a great way to learn technique, strategy, and safety, with the goal of competing against other recognized undergraduate collegiate clubs in the region.
- The Office of Student Activities and the Recreation Office work in conjunction to oversee the activities of these organizations.
- Ice Hockey
- Roller Hockey
- Water Polo (http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~dsowp/index_files/contacts.htm)
For More InformationEdit
Department of Athletics
John A. Daskalakis Athletic Center
3141 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
215-895-1999 or 215-895-1978